Monday
I had to wake up at 6:00 after going to sleep past midnight. The weekend was spent partying (of course) with my aunt's guests. This time however there was a family that spoke only Danish and English. It was fun. We played "Monopoly," "Egyptian Rat Screw," one game of regular war, and the likes. They decided to call "Egyptian War" "Egyptian Slapstick". After waking up, I took a quick shower, chugged a coffee, and then went to the Herrliberg (city where my aunt lives) trainstation with my mum. After walking there and missing our first train we took the second train to the Zurich HB train station and from there I went alone to Arth-Goldau. The train was 40 minutes late going into Arth-Goldau because of flooding from rain water. Finally I got to the zoo. I spent the rest of the morning with Stefan driving around to the far ends of the park and working there. Then, in the afternoon, I went with Martin to the vet's office to take care of some animals and such. There at I again spent a lot of my time feeding the baby hedgehogs who now drink more than double the amount of when I first got here. The evening was the same as usual except that this time I had an alarm to set (luckily).
Tuesday
After waking up before my alarm and wasting two franks on buying the wrong ticket, I got to Martin's office and spent the rest of the morning working there and following him around to his tasks. The baby martin he was looking after is now in quarantine so it is ready to go to another zoo. One of the baby birds we are looking after is nearly ready to be let free. The other needs much more flight training and doesn't eat at all by itself. You actually have to pry its mouth open and stuff food in. The baby hedgehogs can now eat entirely by themselves. We just have to mix food and put in a bowl. We've added some cat food to their milk to help them grow even more. When I first arrived they were around 70 grams and now they weigh around 105. In the afternoon I went with Bruno to give out food, mix food, and do some maintenance work (watering plants, checking on animals, etc). Then Bettina (Mrs. Wehrle) took me back home to babysit such that she could work. The kids were a tiny bit troublesome but this time nothing broke and the only real catastrophe was that Sarina stepped on a piece of glass. I think that's all for now. I may get some pictures to add when I'm able to put this blog up this weekend.
<3 Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment