Saturday, July 12, 2008

So here’s the rest:
Thursday: The morning up through feeding the littlies was identical. After I fed the little guys I helped Martin neuter five little goats. Then I went to break. After break I helped Stefan take the goats back to their enclosure. Then I went back to Martin’s office to wait for a little bit. I took care of the littlies and did some reading. Then I went home for lunch. After lunch I went with Reto in a truck to take care of all the far away animal’s feeding and to do certain chores such as gather money. Afterwards I went home with the train again. While I was walking home I noticed two broken open eggs on this wall so I decided to take them home to show the kids. (They think animal things are really cool.) While I was walking I felt something in one of the eggs move. I almost put it down thinking there was a worm inside. But when I looked I noticed that there was a baby bird hatching. I took the egg home and then helped the baby hatch. Then I fed the newborn bird, the hedgehogs, and myself, and went to bed an hour later than usual because of the birdie.

Friday: I woke up 30 mins late because I had gone to bed later. I found out that the baby bird had died during the night. After one quick sad moment I rushed through my morning routine to catch the train. At the office Martin told me the cause of death and then we finished vaccinating the buffalo. (One can only do several vaccinations at a time because afterwards the animals run away. We then vaccinated a deer (also with the gun) and then went to lunch with Martin’s father. Afterwards I looked after the kids while the adults talked. Since I forgot earlier the kids are as follows: Bigna-4 (soft g) Sarina-3 and Melina-a couple months. After the kids were finished playing at the playground and looking at the animals their mom drove me to the vet’s office. Bigna stayed with me. We were only at the office for 3 or 4 hours because I had to go home to look after all the kids. Bigna fell asleep in the car on the way home. So Sarina, Melina, and I went to go play for a short while in the water. At 5:30 I had to wake Bigna such that I could feed the hedgehogs and take out dinner at 6:00. Right when I was supposed to feed the hedgehogs, finish waking Bigna, make Melina stop crying, and take out dinner, the neighbors came over asking for salad. I had Bigna deal with them, took out dinner, fed the hedgehogs and made Melina stop crying. While I was taking dinner out Melina had broken a glass. Then we had to walk up to the nearby farm to get some milk. I took all the kids with me and wrapped cold, wet, screaming Melina in a blanket. Melina stopped screaming and we had a nice walk up the farm. Then a storm blew in and we had to walk-run home. We made it home just in time. Then I set out some dinner. Just as we sat down to eat my mom showed up. She ate dinner with us until Martin and his wife showed up. Finally I drove home with my mom after gathering all the things I needed to bring home with me.

Today I woke up late after sitting briefly at my Aunt’s party. All I’ve done is eat and blog thus far. It’s raining outside so I’m assuming we’re staying home all day today. Hope everyone’s happy and such.

<3 Peace

1 comment:

Janet Knocks said...

o wow so many adventures!
im sorry about the bird =[
i wouldn't know what to do with a bird if i was in your situation : \
the thing about the salad reminded me about my time in france...because we ate salad every day. hm.
is everyone speaking to you in english or whats going on with the languages?!?