There aren't any pictures this time because I've had no time to take any. Maybe next weekend. I don't think I'll have any internet except on weekends for the next few weeks. This blog will be a schedule so if you don't want to read through the whole thing the summary is thus. On Mondays, Wednesdays and, Fridays in the afternoon I work at the vet's office and the rest of the time is at the zoo. I go home for lunch and on weekends I come back to my Aunt's house.
Monday: All I did was sleep, pack, and then go to Martin Wehrle's house (the vet's) to sleep. At Martin's house I was introduced to his three kids, his cat, 5 baby hedgehogs, and two birds. I now get to feed the hedgehogs (which are less than a hundred grams) and feed the birds.
Tuesday: I woke up relatively late to be driven to the train station such that I knew how to get there. Then I walked from the train station to the zoo to learn where to go. At the zoo I gave some milk via syringe to the hedgehogs and meal worms via tweesers birds and then went with Martin to the midmorning break to meet the zookeepers. After break I went with Stefan (one of the zoo keepers) to take care of the donkeys and horses. I brushed donkeys while Stefan worked and then when we were finished Stefan dropped me off at home for lunch. Then I took the train back to the zoo and spent the afternoon working with a zoo keeper named Monika. Monika teaches me the names of the animals. I helped her mix food and feed several of the animals. We cleaned the buffalo enclosure too. Then I went home ate a cold dinner and went to straight to sleep. At the Wehrle (and most swiss) house(s) breakfast and dinner are pretty much identical while lunch is warm with a coffee and dessert afterwards.
Wednesday: I woke up at 6:00 to leave by 7:00 to go to the train station. The train comes at 7:25ish everday. At the zoo I again feed the littlies (birds and hedgehogs and then go with Martin to vaccinate the buffalo. He has to use a gun to shoot the needle into the buffalo. The needle then falls out by itself and the zookeepers pick it up when they clean the cage.After the vaccination I went with Monika to take care of some animals (mostly the wild pigs), clean cages, and mix food. We breaked only for midmorning and when I went home for lunch. After lunch I went with Martin to his offices to work with the housepets of the area. Some children came by to watch. They watched some blood drawings and an operation. Every 3 hours the baby hedgehogs need food so when Martin is busy I feed them. We went home and ate dinner and then I went straight to sleep yet again.
Thursday and Friday will be posted later.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment